CES is currently looking for a Lead Welding Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity with a global automotive company. Please submit your resume to apply.
- Post-secondary education in engineering discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5 years related experience in an Automotive Welding Field.
- Minimum 5 years Leadership in Automotive Field
- Experience with IATF 16949, AIAG Core Tools and Customer Weld Requirements
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct safety talks and communicate safety bulletins.
- Train Team Members on the specific job hazards.
- Facilitate Accident and Incident Investigations.
- Enforce safety rules and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Provide / arrange coverage for absenteeism and overtime.
- Support the Liaisons with weld quality concerns at the customer/supplier plants.
- Travel to customer/supplier on any shift to support and assess concerns.
- Support weld team participation in the investigation and resolution of all customer and
- supplier concerns.
- Understand time and resources required for support of APQP activities, and generating PPAP
- Direct & monitor implementation of all documentation for new products to ensure timeline is
- met for production readiness.
- Lead the weld group and production support team to successful closure of weld issues and on
- time exit from safe launch.
- Responsible for the daily activities of the Weld group.
- Support in the updates, revisions, implementation and archiving of weld records
- Monitor the successful completion of daily batch & hold processes
- Support the training of production personnel in all weld quality requirements.
- Ensure support is provided for all departments with any quality/welding concern.
- Develop meaningful KPIs that will drive Standard Work, Safety & Accountability.
- Support and follow through on completion of tasks / projects, PMR’s and CIP’s.
- Attend and / or champion meetings.
- Team specific meetings complete to schedule – follow up on tasks.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Please submit your resume to Lisa: email@example.com